Thursday, April 7, 2011

could it be??

The other day I stepped on this flyer in my neighborhood:







A new gym? AND they're offering free classes for 3 days (aka "open days" which sounds dumb as hell). Obviously I went this morning and had a kick-ass class with a kick-ass instructor, Paolo.
This place is located in the same spot where JC Welfare was BUT they've expanded and spruced it up. FYI: from what I was told, JC Welfare pretty much closed down after collecting initiation fees from their members. Wow, glad I never signed up there... that name alone was reason enough not to!

I digress, this place seems promising. Prices are more reasonable: 60initiation fee, one-year membership for 60 a month (sadly, they don't do month-to-month), or 3 months for 255 (yikes!). One annoying, senseless thing: if you need/want to freeze your membership, you have to pay 5 extra a month, so essentially the monthly cost becomes 65 if, like me, you are gone for 3 months every year. I may have to contest this because it makes no sense to me. I'm hoping they'll be reasonable and meet me halfway.

AND they say they will be expanding the place as well to add a pilates room and a spinning room! We'll see... but honestly, it's fine as is! They have lots of equipment, two rooms for classes, nice locker rooms, etc. Could it be? Have I finally found a decent gym in Trastevere? Stay tuned...
If you have free time in the next few days, GO try it out EASYFITCLUB. They're pleasant people too.






No comments: